- Stratum corneum lipid biophysics – characterization of inter and intra-molecular organization in in vivo and ex vivo stratum corneum and in vitro barrier lipid models
- Vibrational spectroscopy and imaging applied to skin biology and topical delivery of exogenous molecules
- Dermal and transdermal drug delivery
- Interactions between topical formulations, their molecular components, and the outer epidermis
- Yang, T. C. Moore, C. R. Iacovella, M. Thompson, D. J. Moore, and C. McCabe,
“Examining Tail and Headgroup Effects on Binary and Ternary Gel-Phase Lipid Bilayer Structure,”
J. Phys. Chem. B, vol. 124, no. 15, pp. 3043–3053, Mar. 2020, doi: 10.1021/acs.jpcb.0c00490.
- M. Gorcea, M. E. Lane, and D. J. Moore,
“A proof-of-principle study comparing barrier function and cell morphology in face and body skin,”
Int. J. Cosmet. Sci., vol. 41, no. 6, 2019, doi: 10.1111/ics.12568.
- G. S. Gooris, M. Kamran, A. Kros, D. J. Moore, and J. A. Bouwstra,
“Interactions of dipalmitoylphosphatidylcholine with ceramide-based mixtures,”
Biochim. Biophys. Acta - Biomembr., vol. 1860, no. 6, 2018, doi: 10.1016/j.bbamem.2018.02.024.
- T. Haque, M. E. Lane, B. C. Sil, J. M. Crowther, and D. J. Moore,
“In vitro permeation and disposition of niacinamide in silicone and porcine skin of skin barrier-mimetic formulations,”
Int. J. Pharm., vol. 520, no. 1–2, 2017, doi: 10.1016/j.ijpharm.2017.01.054.
- P. A. Bulsara, P. Varlashkin, J. Dickens, D. J. Moore, A. V. Rawlings, and M. J. Clarke,
“The rational design of biomimetic skin barrier lipid formulations using biophysical methods,”
Int. J. Cosmet. Sci., vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 206–216, 2017, doi: 10.1111/ics.12366.
- R. Hartkamp et al.,
“Structural properties of phospholipid-based bilayers with long-chain alcohol molecules in the gel phase,”
J. Phys. Chem. B, vol. 120, no. 50, 2016, doi: 10.1021/acs.jpcb.6b10192.
- R. Flach and D. J. Moore,
“Infrared and Raman imaging spectroscopy of ex vivo skin,”
Int. J. Cosmet. Sci., vol. 35, no. 2, 2013, doi: 10.1111/ics.12020.
- K. Levi, A. Kwan, A. S. Rhines, M. Gorcea, D. J. Moore, and R. H. Dauskardt,
“Effect of glycerin on drying stresses in human stratum corneum,”
J. Dermatol. Sci., vol. 61, no. 2, 2011, doi: 10.1016/j.jdermsci.2010.11.011.
- G. Zhang, D. J. Moore, C. R. Flach, and R. Mendelsohn,
“Vibrational microscopy and imaging of skin: From single cells to intact tissue,”
Anal. Bioanal. Chem., vol. 387, no. 5, 2007, doi: 10.1007/s00216-006-0852-0
- G. Zhang, D. J. Moore, K. B. Sloan, C. R. Flach, and R. Mendelsohn,
“Imaging the prodrug-to-drug transformation of a 5-fluorouracil derivative in skin by confocal Raman microscopy,”
J. Invest. Dermatol., vol. 127, no. 5, pp. 1205–1209, 2007, doi: 10.1038/sj.jid.5700690
- G. Zhang, D. J. Moore, R. Mendelsohn, and C. R. Flach,
“Vibrational microspectroscopy and imaging of molecular composition and structure during human corneocyte maturation,”
J. Invest. Dermatol., vol. 126, no. 5, 2006, doi: 10.1038/sj.jid.5700225.
last update: May 2020